Panopto 12-2020 update
- Tags — Panopto’s video library has a new way to support content organization and discovery: #tags. Content creators and administrators can now apply tags to their videos from the video settings, the editor, or in Panopto Capture after recording new videos.
From the library and the viewer interfaces, users can see the tags applied to each video and find other tagged videos with a single click.
Administrators will be able to manage tags for their site including the ability to add, remove, or merge tags.
To learn more, please visit How to Use Tags.
- Smart Chapters — Panopto’s innovative Smart Chapters feature uses artificial intelligence to automatically generate a table of contents for any video with a screen capture, including recordings from Capture, Zoom, and WebEx. Smart Chapters can be controlled at the site or at the folder level.
- Share interesting points in a video — Viewers can easily share a link to a specific place in the video with other viewers, right from the viewer. As long as the other user has permissions to the video, they will be taken to the exact spot in the video that was shared with them. If the other user doesn't have permissions they will see the 'Request Access' page.
- Audio Normalization — Creators can make audio levels consistent throughout their video stream by using the new audio normalization feature in the editor.
- Panopto Capture Virtual Background
BETA — Users can now make their videos look even more polished by choosing a virtual background for their videos recorded in Capture. Users will be able to blur their background or use a default image or self-uploaded images as background.
- Multiple Content Language Support
BETA — Added a new feature to specify the content language at each folder. Panopto's search feature optimizes its indexing for the specified language. This feature is beta at this time and Panopto support team can turn this on for your site upon request.