- NEXT TF meeting: 18.5.2021 at 10-11
- place: in Zoom
The task force core group
- chair: Petri Vuorimaa
- secretary: Anni Rytkönen
- Core members: Steering group members
- increase awareness on the educational technology roadmap and it's goals
- give teachers the opportunity and get teachers involved in setting goals, participating pilots, testing and giving feedback
- give opportunity to join the Steering group
- present (max 15mins)
- discuss collaboration with teachers in spring (and autumn) 2021 (30 mins)
- solutions, support or training needed for spring 2021 teaching?
- additional solutions available for autumn 2021 teaching needs?
- how would you like to be informed about what's going on in the educational technology at Aalto and CS department?
- how would you like to join the development?
- discuss the structure of steering the practical work (max 15mins)
- Lauri Malmi, one of the current SG members, tells about the SG work from his perspective
- opportunity to join the steering group (i.e. the core group also for this Task Force) for 2021 (-2022)
- the future of this Task Force group; next meetings? How about twice or four times a year?
- a somewhat varying number of participants during the online session (ca 20) at once; altogether 24 participants
- EDIT team members, SG members, CS department teachers, CS IT
Discussed topics and ideas
- new A+ teachers
- wishes for getting support for evaluating whether A+ would suit the teacher's courses → individual online meetings can be organized based on needs - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !
- wishes for workshops on topics suggested by teachers, e.g. for small course needs → this could cover a range of tools, not just A+
- observations on needs to improve the instructions for a) new teachers to support in taking A+ to use (short basics) and b) for experienced A+ teachers (for developing their A+ courses and new exercises). All the instructions should be available via one starting point.
- information on planned A+ development for teachers → A+ vision, milestones and next release contents to be discussed regularly with teachers. These Task force meetings are expected to support in this need
- also external tools (commercial or OS) available; what alternatives are there for CS needs? → 1) need to increase awareness on these (indicate their existence) via email notifications, online instructions and presentations/webinars, 2) participants for testing and piloting are needed
- what are the pedagogical needs at the CS department → teacher interviews to be implemented to listen to needs
- how do teachers get new tools in use for their teaching?
- Steering group:
- how to rotate the steering group members?
- "monthly hour" for the SG
- CS news entry on decisions & plans!
- Next TF: in MAY: 18.5. at 9.30-10.30