- Start editing a page by clicking Edit in the upper right corner
- When you have finished, click Save (you can Preview the changes first)
- Click "Close" if you don't want to save your changes.
Quick guide to the editor
- For longer pages, it really helps to divide them in Sections
- Use the pre-defined styles for Headings. Heading 1 for the first level, etc. For text, use the "Paragraph" style
- Use the Bullet list / Numbered list tools for unordered / ordered lists
- Tables can be added with the "Insert table" tool
Images can be added with the "Insert files and images" tool
- Always upload your images as page attachments (see figure below). Never use web links, these will break eventually. If you want to use a web image, first save it to your computer and then upload it.
- Only use figures which are compatible with the Creative Commons license used in the IMM-Wiki. Preferably create your own figures.
- Always mention in the figure caption, who created the figure. For example: "Screenshot of an SSH terminal. Figure: Antti Karttunen"). Add reference to the original source if you took the figure from somewhere.
You can add Links to the other Wiki pages or external web pages
- To link to an existing page, select text, add new link, and use the "Search" tab in the link dialog to find the existing page.
- To create a new page and link to it, you can use the "Advanced" tab in the link dialog (just write the name of the new page in the "Link" textbox)
- When linking to journal articles, always use a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) link (http://dx.doi.org/HERE_GOES_THE_DOI)
Input file or code examples
Code Block Macro provides a very convenient environment for showing plain text input files or syntax highlighted code examples.
- Choose "Insert more content" ("Add other content" in the figure above)
- Other macros
- In Select macro dialog, type "code" in search box and choose Code Block from the list
- Use Plain text Syntax highlighting for input files and add a descriptive title
0 0 0
25 2.087600695895E-43 -8.137388940574E-24 2.704730554092E-23
25 -9.570044224689E-37 1.137330423143E-19 -5.000000000000E-01
8 3.333333333333E-01 -3.333333333333E-01 -8.333341974930E-02