How long do I have to wait for the originality report of my paper?
- Depending on the file size of your paper and the amount of submissions into the service, generating the report takes few minutes. If you resubmit your work it will take 24 hours to receive a new report.
- You can also check twitter.com/turnitinstatus for temporary delays of breaks in the service.
What if I do not give my consent to save my paper in the Turnitin student papers repository? How can I submit?
Contact your teacher or supervisor how to submit your paper. However, the teacher can check your paper with Turnitin Originality Check without saving it in the repository.
My paper was saved in a repository and I want it removed.
You can send the paper ID (it is found in the submission box) and a request to remove the paper from the comparison database to firstname.lastname@example.org
I tried to submit my paper into Turnitin submission box for the first time, but I could not proceed. What went wrong?
- When using Turnitin submission box for the first time Turnitin asks you to agree the Turnitin User Agreement in a pop-up window. If pop-ups are disabled in your browser, you can not proceed. Solution: enable pop-ups (see browser settings) or add https://www.turnitin.com to the exceptions of the blocker.
- Choose English in Moodle interface. After the latest update finnish interface in Moodle blocks agreeing the Turnitin User Agreement
I don't manage to submit a paper without checking the consent box although the paper should not be saved in the repository. I wonder, whether my paper is saved in the Turnitin student papers repository (comparison database) or not?
- Unfortunately, the check box function contains a bug: checking the consent box is always compulsory whether the paper is saved in the repository or not. As default, papers are not saved in the repository, but a teacher can change the settings of the submission box. If there is no information about this feature in the submission box, please, ask the teacher about it.
"Exception - User not found" notification prevents me to submit the paper. What can I do?
E-mail the notification to the teacher. Teacher can fix the issue.
Why does file upload into Moodle Turnitin submission box last so long (over 2 minutes)? It seems "frozen".
Allow third party cookies or add an exception for turnitin.com in your browser (in Safari, third party cookies are blocked by default)
"Error in uploading" prevents me submitting a file. What went wrong?
Check that the file type is among the accepted ones: Check the accepted file types in Turnitin and other tips for solving the uploading error.
"There was an error trying to create the submission in Turnitin. Message: Your submission must contain 100 characters or more. | Code: 0"
There should not be more than one dot (the dot just before the file extension such as .pdf) in the file name