- To assign permissions go to: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions.
- Choose 'Edit Permissions' under the heading 'Groups'.
- If you want to add a group, write the name of the group under the heading 'Groups' into the text box 'Grant permission to' and select 'Add'.
- Add or remove permissions.
- Save changes by clicking 'Save All'.
- Check that everything was done correctly.
3.2 Custom Space User Management
- NEW FEATURE ADDED 14.4.2010. Now you can create custom usergroups
- Custom Space User Management Instructions
The user group haka_users consists of reliably identified users whose home organisation is a Finnish university, polytechnic or research institute.
3 Individual Users
It is often necessary to assign permissions separately for each user in a group, especially if you want access to the wiki space to be restricted, or want to grant more rights to certain users belonging to a group than to the entire group.
- Go to permissions: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions.
- Select 'Edit Permissions' under the heading 'Individual users'.
- Write the usernames one by one or separated by commas to the text box 'Users to add'.
- You can also use a search tool: click the magnifying glass icon to find a username either by typing part of the name or the user's email address.
- Select 'Add'.
- If you cannot find the persons you are looking for, they probably are not registered users of the wiki service yet.
- Add or remove the necessary permissions.
- Save all the changes by clicking 'Save All'.
- Make sure that everything was done correctly.
If you want to permanently remove a user from the wiki space, uncheck all boxes and reload the page.
Tip title Useful links:
4 Anonymous Users
All wiki spaces are by default 'open' in that they allow access to anonymous users. However, you can restrict the permission to view the space only to individual members and member groups by removing the permission to anonymous access: