Guide to Custom Space User Management
The Custom Space User Management -plugin (CSUM) gives Space Administrators ability to manage users and user-groups associated to their Wiki Spaces.
Using this plugin Space Administrators can:
- Create / delete user-groups that can be space-specific (optional)
- Add / remove users from user-groups associated to given wiki space
- View list of users for selected user-group
- Search users to add / remove from selected user-group (optional)
- Create a user-group with a comma-delimited list of users in a single operation (optional)
- Perform bulk add / remove of users from user-group(s)
Entering Custom Space User Management tool
As space administrator, choose a space from the dashboard or just click on the globe icon next to the space in the dashboard and go to Browse Space -> Manage Users/Groups (tab)
In this page, you can add a group, add a group and specify users, create multiple groups (enter a comma-delimited list of group names).
- Select a group if one exists (you can also create a group here if there is not one already - don't worry- you can delete it)
When you have selected or created a group, you can add users into it and modify groups restrictions on current space.
You can add users to groups by entering a comma-delimited list of usernames (ids).
Info title Important!
For Aalto usernames you must add the whole username with domain i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
You can search users by clicking on directory search link.
You can manage your groups permissions either by clicking on "edit space permissions" link at the bottom, or by going to space admin (tab) -> permissions.