- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This is the source for documentation on the Aalto Notebook system at Aalto University
How do I to get started?
Go to https://notebook.aalto.fi and login!
- Check out the Users guide to the left to see details on creating and sharing your experiments.
- Tell your colleagues to start using Aalto Notebook as well!
What is Aalto Notebook?
It is a digital lab notebook deployment based on eLabFTW
- Open source and free software (GNU AGPL 3.0)
- Collaborative development by volunteer scientists, for scientists
- Browser-based user interface, compatible with popular browsers, tablets, and mobile devices
- Installed on Aalto servers (with backup, certificates, etc.)
- Aalto login compatible (via HAKA federated login)
- Python API for automating workflows
What is an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)?
- Software to capture raw discovery data traditionally stored in paper laboratory notebooks
- Records signatures through user-authenticated passwords and automatically records an electronic audit trail of all data events
- An ELN enables electronic searching of data to enhance your own (and others!) knowledge
- An ELN can increase access to raw data between scientists collaboratively working on a project
- DOWN UP at 2020-09-10 15:00 (Expired certificate → Waiting for private key for certificate)14
- Groups: 94
- Users: 345
- Experiments: 962
- Internet connected device (laptop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)
- Web browser (Firefox/Chrome/Edge/Safari depending on your OS)
- Recording experiment methods, results, notes
- Sharing with internal and external collaborators
- Connecting with experimental hardware via an API
- Autosave data
- Automated backups
- Drag and drop functionality for images
- Share with colleagues
- Exportable data (individual or bulk experiments)
- Timestamping (for IPR)
- Follow experiments step-by-step
- Tag experiments
- Multiple languages
Used in the following schools: