Zoom - online video meeting tool integrated in MyCourses course workspace
- for online sessions with students
- for student presentations
- for one-to-one student guidance (eg thesis guidance)
- for weekly contact times
- for Questions and answers sessions
- for remote teaching
In zoom session, you can use voice (also phone) and video, chat and polls. Sessions can be recorded.
The teacher can create rooms for simultaneous online working for small groups (breakup rooms).
- session time shows up in MyCourses calendar. Sessions can be created beforehand.
- course students have automatic access to Zoom session with no extra logging
- also grading of the session is possible. Set grading in settings, and a column in Grader report is created.
- Note! as a default, Zoom session is open for everybody with the URL link. To prevent outsiders from your session, you can set a password to your session.
- session can be recorded. You´ll find the MP4-file in your computer after the session. Upload the file in Panopto and share to you students with a link.
How you find Zoom in MyCourses course workspace
Turn editing on → Add an activity or resource → in the activities list, choose Zoom-meeting
First time users
When you are creating session via MyCourses and you have never used Zoom with your Aalto userprofile you will get error below.
Please just click Login to Aalto Zoom button and after succesfull login return browser window with error and reload window. Now you should see settings page again.
When joining a Zoom session, students click "Open URL:Zoom Launcher" to open the session window.
More info on adding Zoom in Moodle: https://github.com/ucla/moodle-mod_zoom/wiki/Adding-a-new-Zoom-meeting-Activity
Aalto Zoom can be used also in https://aalto.zoom.us/
Zoom tutorials: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/zoom-video-tutorials
Zoom Quick Guide: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/zoom-quick-guide
Zoom Quick Guide in Finnish: https://www.aalto.fi/fi/palvelut/zoom-pikaopas