Quick Guide for Wiki Space Administrators
This guide is based on the a similar guide of Helsinki University, http://wiki.helsinki.fi/x/1gw (in Finnish).
|Table of Contents|
First check the rules of TKK wiki service! Then consider whether you need a personal Wiki space or if you want to start administrating administering a Wiki global space shared byof, e.g. a workgroupworking group.
- Personal Wiki spaces are created from via personal profile pages, for details see Quick Guide for All Users.
- Shared Wiki spaces, so-called 'global spaces' can only be created by TKK employees by using the Create a Space tool.
- To assign permissions go to: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions
- Choose 'Edit Permissions' under the heading 'Groups'
- If you want to add a group, write the name of the group under the heading 'Groups' into the text box 'Grant permission to' and choose 'Add'.
- Add or remove permissions.
- Save changes by clicking 'Save All'.
- Check that everything was done correctly.
If you want to delete the entire group, uncheck all the boxes and save!
Tip title Useful links: Tip title HAKA tip
The user group haka_users consists of reliably identified users whose home organisation is a Finnish university, polytechnic or research institute.
3.2 Individual Users
It is often necessary to grant permissions separately for each user in a group, especially if you want the wiki space to be restricted, or want to grant certain users more comprehensive rights than to the whole group.
- Go to permissions: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions
- Select 'Edit Permissions' under the heading 'Anonymous Access'
- To deny the permission to view, uncheck 'View'.
- To deny the permission to comment, uncheck 'Comments - Create'
- Save all the changes by clicking 'Save All'.
- Make sure that everything was done correctly.
Anonymous users shall only be granted permission to read and comment!
Invite Users to
the Wiki Space
There is no separate application available for inviting users. You can invite new users, e.g., by sending them this kind of message: