- Personal Wiki spaces are created from personal profile pages, for details see Quick Guide for All Users.
- Shared Wiki spaces, so-called "'global spaces" ' can only be created by TKK employees by using the Create a Space tool.
- Define the purpose of the Wiki space briefly and clearly: why it exists and what it is meant for. Encourage users to participate in creating and modifying pages; do not make pages "'too complete"'.
- Write specific instructions in the space and add links to additional instructions.
- It is also worth defining the copyrights of the material to be created in the space.
Tip title Useful links:
Wikipatterns offers clear instructions that facilitate the introduction of a wiki space: http://www.wikipatterns.com
- To assign permissions go to: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions
- Choose 'Edit Permissions' under the heading 'Groups'
- If you want to add a group, write the name of the group under the heading 'Groups' into the text box 'Grant permission to' and choose 'Add'.
- Add or remove permissions.
- Save changes by clicking "'Save All"'
- Check that everything was done correctly
If you want to delete the entire group, uncheck all the boxes and save!
The user group haka_users consists of reliably identified users whose home organisation is a Finnish
university, polytechnic or research institute.
3.2 Individual Users
It is often necessary to grant permissions separately for each user in a group, especially if you want the wiki space to be restricted, or want to grant certain users more comprehensive rights than to the whole group.
- Go to permissions: Browse space > Space admin > Permissions
- Select "Edit Permissions" under the heading 'Anonymous Access'
- To deny the permission to view, uncheck 'View'.
- To deny the permission to comment, uncheck 'Comments - Create'
- Save all the changes by clicking 'Save All'.
- Make sure that everything was done correctly.
Anonymous users shall only be granted permission to read and comment!
4. Inviting Users to Join the Wiki