- Antimo Barbato, Luca Borsani, Antonio Capone, and Stefano Melzi. 2009. Home energy saving through a user profiling system based on wireless sensors. In Proceedings of the First ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings (BuildSys '09). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 49-54
- Dario Bonino, Fulvio Corno, Luigi De Russis, Home energy consumption feedback: A user survey, Energy and Buildings, Volume 47, April 2012, Pages 383-393, ISSN 0378-7788
- Friedemann Mattern, Thorsten Staake, and Markus Weiss. 2010. ICT for green: how computers can help us to conserve energy. In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy-Efficient Computing and Networking (e-Energy '10). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1-10
- Sami Karjalainen, Consumer preferences for feedback on household electricity consumption, Energy and Buildings, Volume 43, Issues 2–3, February–March 2011, Pages 458-467, ISSN 0378-7788
- Online, http://www.opower.com Accessed Jan. 2015.
ST1: Secure Instant messaging
Tutor: Sandeep Tamrakar
Instant messaging (IM) is the most widely used communication over the Internet generally used for sending short messages. Popular IMs communicates over TLS to protect against eavesdropping yet the TLS does not guarantee against eavesdropping at the server end. There are number of IM services that provides end-to-end secure messaging such as TextSecure. Similarly BitTorrent recently released decentralized private chat application known as Bleep. Off-the-record messaging protocol developed by Goldberg et. al.  describe secure messaging protocol with deniability, which ensures the authenticity of the message during communication yet it allows anyone to forge messages after the conversation that look like they were real communication between the participants.
The goal of this work is to look at different secure IM services and protocols, and make a survey based on the security features that these IM offers.
- Borisov, Nikita, Ian Goldberg, and Eric Brewer. "Off-the-record communication, or, why not to use PGP." Proceedings of the 2004 ACM workshop on Privacy in the electronic society. ACM, 2004.
- Bleep: private chat
TN1: Survey of security-enhanced linux policy analysis techniques