SUNS Gender Studies Conference 2014
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
MONEY, SEX AND POWER
Nov. 21–22 2014 at Aalto University School of Business & Hanken
Conference theme: money, sex, and power There are many ways of thinking - both everyday clichés and academic theories, both feminist and patriarchal - about the importance of money, sex and/or power in terms of what most important in life and what makes the world go round. Such notions have been brought into sharper focus in recent years with huge social, cultural, economic and political changes across the world, around money and finance, sex and sexuality, and the relations of money, sex and power.
This year's conference seeks to bring together analyses of money and economy, at all social and cultural levels, and analyses of sex, gender, sexuality, and indeed movements beyond gender/sex. This theme is both highly topical and has long been central to feminist practice, politics, research and theorizing. The aim is to explore and advance knowledge of the economizing of gender, and the gendering of economy, in the very widest senses.
- Professor, emerita Silvia Gherardi, University of Trento, Italy
- Professor, emerita Diane Elson, Essex University, UK
- Dr. Leena-Maija Rossi, Executive Director, Finnish Cultural Institute in New York
- 17.4. 2014 Track proposals
- 30.4. 2014 Acceptance notifications
- 12.9. 2014 Paper submissions
- 30.9. 2014 Acceptance notifications