Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


When applying for credit transfer, please note that one application equals to one study attainment in the register. Therefore, if you are applying credit transfer for a minor, you will apply for each course separately.
For example exchange studies: apply credit transfer for each and every course separately.

You can


use credit transfer functionality in three cases


  • A course included in a degree can be substituted for by corresponding studies completed elsewhere or by otherwise acquired learning. Substitution requires that the contents of the studies to correspond.Apply for substitution on Sisu


  • Studies completed or learning gained elsewhere can be included in the degree. Inclusion does not require that the contents of the learning correspond exactly to the contents of Aalto University courses. → Apply for inclusion on Sisu
  • Studies/courses completed outside Aalto = apply for inclusion
  • You can include studies only to your degree (studies are in your study plan). 

Custom course credit  credit  (not credit transfer as such)

  • Learning gained outside formal education can be accredited towards the degree as learning demonstrated in some other manner. The contents of such learning do not need to correspond directly to the contents of Aalto University courses.
    • summer/winter schools, individual attainments/custom course credits, conference presentations for doctoral students 
  • Agree on custom course credits always in advance with a teacher-in-charge. 
    • please do not apply for custom credit for the study attainment / course that is already in the register! 


  • If you plan to complete studies elsewhere or gain learning elsewhere and have this recognised recognized towards your degree, use study drafts on Sisu to plan these studies/learning in advance.
    • For example, exchange studies or flexible study right (JOO) studies
  • After completing the studies or gaining the learning, use your study draft(s) to apply to have the studies/learning included in your degree or counted towards it as custom course credits.