|Table of Contents|
When not to apply for credit transfer?
Before applying for credit transfer on Sisu, read these instructions: Aalto University policy on credit transfer.
- As a general rule, do not apply for credit transfer if these studies are already in the register (the only exception being studies that a student uses for more than one Aalto degree).
- These studies are processed in study plan.
- See how you can add already completed studies to your study plan: Making a personal study plan (HOPS)#AddingcompletedstudiestoyourHOPS and Applying for approval and Free edit mode#Addingcoursesandstudymodulesthatyouhavealreadycompleted
- In some courses, direct equivalence has been defined, in which case there is no need to apply for credit transfer.
- These equivalents can be found in the course Info (click on the course code in the study plan), on the Equivalences tab. It is enough to choose a corresponding course and return to the study plan. There is no need to apply for any credit transfer in these cases.
How to apply for credit transfer?
Applying for a custom course credit
Do not apply for custom course credit in following cases:
First, ALWAYS agree on the custom course credit with a teacher or advisor in your programme. Learning services can help you find a suitable person.
You can apply to have custom course credits included in a degree for which you have a right to study. Applications and approvals for custom course credits are specific to a certain right to study and a certain study module included in your degree. They cannot be automatically transferred to a different programme or another section of your degree in your HOPS.
Do not apply fo for custom course credit:
- Studies completed on a course
- studies completed in another university
- studies /attainments already in the register
After you have agreed on the custom course credit, add a study draft to your personal study plan (HOPS). After gaining the learning as agreed, use your study draft to apply to have it counted towards your degree as a custom course credit. The teacher notifies learning services of your study attainment, and learning services will process your application. Without the study attainment notice the credit will not be registered.
The following are considered as custom course credits (mostly for doctoral students):
- Presentations in an international conference of the field
- Self-study (e.g. books, journal or conference articles; written/oral exam/review or a report to demonstrate learning)
- Learning university practices (teaching and guidance)
- CHEM: Final project -thesis
There are two ways to apply for a custom course credit: