- chair: Petri Vuorimaa
- secretary: Anni Rytkönen
- Core members: Steering group members - opportunity to rotate members annually!
Task force page in the CS dept Task force wiki: Educational technology roadmap
- increase awareness on the educational technology roadmap and it's goals
- give teachers the opportunity and get teachers involved in setting goals, participating pilots, testing and giving feedback
- give opportunity to join the Steering group
Discussed topics and ideas
- new A+ teachers
- wishes for getting support for evaluating whether A+ would suit their the teacher's courses → individual online meetings to can be organized based on needs - please contact email@example.com !
- wishes for workshops on topics suggested by teachers, e.g. for small course needs need → this could cover a range of tools, not just A+
- observations on needs to improve the documentation so that teachers know how to develop instructions for a) new teachers to support in taking A+ to use (short basics) and b) for experienced A+ teachers (for developing their A+ courses and new exercises. The current documentation is said to be unclear, badly organized, lacking a tutorial for newcomers, and fragmented to multiple locations and sites). All the instructions should be available via one starting point.
- information on planned A+ development on releases for teachers → A+ vision, milestones and next release contents to be discussed regularly with teachers. These Task force meetings are expected to support in this need
- also external tools (commercial or OS) available; what alternatives are there for CS needs? → 1) need to increase awareness on these (indicate their existence), and via email notifications, online instructions and presentations/e.g. webinars, some testing alternatives can be organized2) participants for testing and piloting are needed
- what are the pedagogical needs ? at the CS department → teacher interviews there are other needs besides automatic grading too. Manual grading tools, collaboration tools for student projects, peer grading/reviews?to be implemented to listen to needs
- how do teachers get new tools in use for their teaching?
- Aalto alternatives available; e.g. news for spring 2021 Flinga (https://edu.flinga.fi/) for online brainstorming, and Peergrade (via MyCourses, hopefully in early Feb) for peer feedback and grading
- external tools: via Aalto IT process; please first read https://www.aalto.fi/en/it-help/5-questions-before-acquiring-software-or-digital-services
- Steering group:
- how to rotate the steering group members?
- "monthly hour" for the SG
- CS news entry on decisions & plans!
- Next TF: in MAY: 18.5. at 9.30-10.30