Contact turnitin(at)aalto.fi for pedagogical and technical support:
- Ask for a 2-hour Turnitin training (and Moodle training if needed)
- Request consulting for course development or thesis supervising with Turnitin
- Ask questions
- Report technical problems.
If plagiarism is suspected, contact the investigator of your School (Head of Academic Affairs).
Turnitin informs about breaks and temporary delays via twitter.com/turnitinstatus
Contact your teacher or supervisor in the following issues:
- features of the Turnitin submission box in your course
- interpretation of the Turnitin originality check report
- a course key for the course workspace in Moodle
Contact turnitin(at)aalto.fi in the following issues:
- Technical problems in Turnitin submission box (others than a course key)
- A request of removing your work from the Turnitin student papers repository. You need to provide the work ID to be removed. It can not be removed until the assignment has been graded.
- Suggestions to improve these instructions or the Turnitin service.
Student Frequently Asked Questions and Known issues
How long do I have to wait for the originality report of my paper?
- Depending on the file size of your paper and the amount of submissions into the service, generating the report takes few minutes. If you resubmit your work it will take 24 hours to receive a new report.
- You can also check twitter.com/turnitinstatus for temporary delays of breaks in the service.
What if I do not give my consent to save my paper in the Turnitin student papers repository? How can I submit?
Contact your teacher or supervisor how to submit your paper. However, the teacher can check your paper with Turnitin Originality Check without saving it in the repository.
My paper was saved in a repository and I want it removed.
You can send the paper ID (it is found in the submission box) and a request to remove the paper from the comparison database to email@example.com
I tried to submit my paper into Turnitin submission box for the first time, but I could not proceed. What went wrong?
- When using Turnitin submission box for the first time Turnitin asks you to agree the Turnitin User Agreement in a pop-up window. If pop-ups are disabled in your browser, you can not proceed. Solution: enable pop-ups (see browser settings) or add https://www.turnitin.com to the exceptions of the blocker.
- Choose English in Moodle interface. After the latest update finnish interface in Moodle blocks agreeing the Turnitin User Agreement
I don't manage to submit a paper without checking the consent box although the paper should not be saved in the repository. I wonder, whether my paper is saved in the Turnitin student papers repository (comparison database) or not?
- Unfortunately, the check box function contains a bug: checking the consent box is always compulsory whether the paper is saved in the