Turnitin for Teachers
Turnitin can be used via two interfaces:
- The primary interface mycourses.aalto.fi is used for course assignments or thesis. See the Case A instructions.
- The secondary interface turnitin.aalto.fi is used for other papers. Follow the Case B instructions. Currently, this interface is unavailable.
Course Assignments or Thesis (Case A)
MyCourses workspace for a course, thesis process or an exam
If you use Turnitin
- in a course or bachelor thesis seminar, edit the course or seminar workspace in MyCourses: log in to mycourses.aalto.fi with your Aalto account, click on the course name on the front page, and follow the instructions in the section Add a Turnitin assignment activity (submission inbox) below
- for advising or supervising theses and dissertations, request a personal ready-made workspace.
- for exams, check tips for arranging a remote exam via Turnitin
Add a Turnitin assignment activity (submission inbox)
View and manage students' submissions
- See students' submissions in Inbox view (Turnitin tutorial)
- Submit a paper on the student's behalf
Assess with Turnitin similarity report
Important about rights and responsibilities
- Rights and responsibilities - The use of Turnitin is regulated by the Aalto University Code of Academic Integrity
- Supporting scientific writing during the program
Other papers (Case B) Examples: You would like to check originality of your own papers as a faculty member, or papers that are written by people outside Aalto University such as applications or dissertations from other universities.