Turnitin for Students
(Turnitin description in the Student Guide, What is Turnitin? even på svenska)
1. Submitting a file in a Turnitin activity in MyCourses
a) Course assignments
- Submitting in a Turnitin submission box in MyCourses
- Peer review assignment in a Turnitin assignment
b) Thesis drafts
- Bachelor's thesis:
- Primarily, all bachelor's thesis submissions, both drafts and the final version, are submitted in the appropriate submission box of the MyCourse workspace of your bachelor's thesis seminar.
- If for some reason this is not possible, see whether your advisor has a dedicated workspace, as described below for submitting a master's thesis, and submit your thesis there. Inform your advisor about your submission.
- If that does not succeed either, see item c) below.
- Master's or doctoral thesis (or bachelor's thesis):
- Check whether your advisor or supervisor has a personal dedicated MyCourses workspace for thesis supervision in mycourses.aalto.fi. In the search utility (=magnifying glass icon + "Search courses"), write your supervisor's or advisor's (sur)name. If it exists, the search result lists a workspace beginning with "Thesis supervision..." and containing your supervisor's or advisor's name. Follow the instructions in the workspace in order to submit your thesis in the Turnitin activity there. If this kind of workspace is not listed, you can request your supervisor to get one. If this does not work, see item c) below.
- Bachelor's thesis:
c) Independent Turnitin usage
- Check your work independently of any course at Independent Turnitin Originality Check for academic year 2022-2023. You will not get feedback from your advisor or supervisor for your work here, only the Turnitin similarity report. Also, no support for interpreting the similarity report is available in this workspace.
2. Handling a similarity report
3. Viewing your teacher's feedback and grading
4. What is expected of you when using Turnitin
5. In case of problems related to PDF/A files
- General information on creating a PDF/A file (for users of LaTeX and Word) as well as on creating Mathlab graphics files suitable for making PDF/A files
- Instructions for converting Word files to PDF as well as combining PDF files into one PDF/A file