As a default, MyCourses is open to guests.
You can restrict access to the workspace to logged in users (Aalto/Haka) only.
You can restrict access to a section (except to the front page) or to a resource (e.g. Folder).
How to restrict access to a section, resource or an activity
Open the section → Editing mode on → Edit → Edit section name and summary → Restrict access → Add restriction → Choose to restrict either by:
- Activity completion (before you can use this, it must be activated. Link
- Group (You must have groups created before you can use this)
- Grouping (You must have groups and groupings created before you can use this)
- Role (With Student-role, you can restrict access to your course students only)
- User Profile (e.g. restrict with email containing @aalto.fi)
- Restriction set (add a set of nested restrictions to apply complex logic, e.g. group + date)
How to limit resource visibility to course members only
Open the resource → Edit settings → Restrict access → Add restriction → Role → Student
Note! With this restriction, teachers and assistant can still see everything in the workspace.
When you have restricted access to an object, users can see an info text.