How to add files
- Choose Folder
- Give the folder a name and description
- You can either drag and drop files in to the folder using the blue arrow icon, or click the white square icon to open the file adding dialogue.
- It is also possible to add sub-folders to folders.
- Choose File
- Give the file a name and a description
- You can either drag and drop files using the blue arrow icon, or click the white square icon to open the file adding dialogue
- Drag and drop files directly onto the middle column of the workspace.
How to link a single file to multiple workspaces
Add to your Private files directory the file(s) that you wish to link to a workspace → Select the file you wish to link, and choose Create an alias/shortcut to the file.
By linking the file this way, the file is automatically updated in the workspace(s) if you modify it within your Private files directory.
How to add a Page
The page module enables a teacher to create a web page resource using the text editor. A page can display text, images, sound, video and web links as well as embedded code, such as Google Maps.
Advantage of using the page module rather than the file module is that it can make the resource more accessible to users of mobile devices, for example, and easier to update.
Click Turn editing on → Add an activity or resource → choose Page.
How to link to external material
Click Turn editing on → Add an activity or resource → choose URL.
Alternatively, click Add an activity or resource → Choose Page → Copy and paste a list of links to the page content field.
How to link within a course workspace
Any activity or resource name is recognised by MyCourses and turned into a link.
E.g. Typing Announcements in any description field will create a link to Announcements forum. The automatic linking works only within a single workspace.
Video: how to add material to workspace (file, folder, label, book)
- To see the content list and the full view, click the arrow in the lower right corner.