To start adding tools to your workspace, click Turn editing on → Add an activity or resource.
To support collaborative writing in real time.
Note! This activity is an open to guests (non logged in users). Guests can read or, if allowed, also write in the pad. In Etherpad settings, you can restrict access to your students only, or to a group.
New feature (update June 2018)
Relies on HTML editor
Includes integrated comments on pages or headings and single words
(Moodle wiki was replaced with OU wiki. For previous Moodle wiki users: https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Using_Wiki)
The external tool activity module enables students to interact with learning resources and activities on other web sites.
- Aalto wiki
Available for students (summer 2018)
Peer review - how a student can give feedback to another student
- Discussion forum (groups)
Workshop for peer review
Workshop is a structured peer assessment activity.
Student submits an assignment - self assessment is possible - peer assessment phase - teacher can give feedback - grade calculation method
In workshop, only individual submissions are possible, no group submissions or review.
Anonymous peer review possible: Click the gear to see to Permissions. Prevent students from seeing the author (click X)
Random or planned allocation of students
Phases can be manually or automatically switched
Grading methods: self assessment, peer assessment and teacher giving grades.
Teachers can specify which submission types are required and which optional in the Workshop settings
- Workshop activity
- Workshop settings
- Using workshop
- Workshop grading strategies
- Test workshop activity as a teacher: https://school.demo.moodle.net/mod/workshop/view.php?id=651 (user: teacher, password: moodle)
Student view: How to see peer reviews when the workshop is in closed phase?
A student click her/his own assignment and can see grades and comments.
Microsoft Teams. Add Teams channel to Teams and add all students to channel.
- Turn editing on
- Add a block (left menu)
- select Microsoft Teams for Course
- see right side of the course space. You should see new block.
- Click Create Team.
- Click Add Participants to Team
- If everything goes as planned you and your students should see link to Teams and have access to Teams channel.
- Open teams app or use web browser to participate channel discussion