On the left-hand side of your workspace, you will see a list of sections, like pages. The first section is ready-made ("General"). Plan how you want to organise your course: weekly or theme based, or you can just have all materials in one section and all assignmetns in another.
- You can add, remove, reorder and rename sections.
- You can restrict access to a section.
Add, delete or rename a section
When the editing mode is on, you can find two buttons in the Quick links panel: "Show all sections" and "Add new section".
- Click Add new section and a new section will appear on the left navigation panel. The added section will be given a default name, such as Section 5. You can rename the section.
- To rename a section, click the "pencil icon" in the section title that you want to change. Then you can type in a new name.
- If you want to delete a section, click Show all sections and click Edit near the section title you want deleted. Then click Delete section (or Hide section). Note! Deleting a section will also delete all the content from the deleted section.
To reorder sections, first click "Turn editing on". Then click the "Show all sections" -button. Put the cursor on the cross symbol in front of the section name—the cursor wil now have this symbol—and darg and drop the section to the desired position. Clicking on the Section list view -button on the top of the page collapses the sections, so making moving sections easier.
Section reordering is also useful when you want to remove a section that is located between other sections. Reorder the sections so that the section to be removed comes last. Then it can be removed.
With the cross-symbol, you can also reorder activities and resources, too.
Take a look at some tips on how to use and restructure MyCourses Workspaces.