A workspace is an area for your course content. Every implemention of the course has its own workspace.
Sisu and MyCourses are integrated
- MyCourses workspaces are created automatically based on Sisu course information (Implementation type: lectures or exams).
- A new workspace is created for every course implemention on certain starting and ending dates. Do not reuse workspaces!
- Access rights are inherited from the Sisu course info.
- Teachers get teacher rights based on the Sisu course roles (Responsible persons; responsible teacher/vastuuopettaja). The MyCourses role of "workspace assistant" is based on the role of Administrative person/ Hallintohenkilö role in Sisu.
- Students get student rights to a course workspace after registering for the course in Sisu. Students need to be registered in the course in Sisu to get a grade.
- Open quest access is allowed by default, so workspaces are open in internet for whole world. More about restrictions in workspaces.
Finding your course workspaces
You will see your courses My Own coures list (upper navigation) after logging in. You can star or hide courses on your list and filter them by time (in progress, pass, future). You can also navigate via Dashboard (upper navigation), or use search (upper navigation).
Please note that course workspaces that are set as hidden from students can still be seen by the workspace teachers. A whole workspace can be hidden by administrators only.
Picture 1. Upper navigation
Picture 2. Upper navigation with search view.
On request, course workspaces can be produced manually instead of automatically.
- Teachers can also request a personal ready-made workspace for thesis supervision.
- Also, a "sandbox", or workspace for educational development work (no students allowed), can be requested. Request a workspace
- Teachers can be added to workspace using Teacher (MC) role, ecpecially if there is no Sisu connection.