A workspace is an area for your course content. Every course has its own workspace.
Sisu and MyCourses are integrated
- MyCourses workspaces are created automatically based on Sisu course information (Implementation type: lectures or exams).
- A new workspace is created for every course implemention. Do not reuse workspaces.
- Access rights are inherited from the Sisu course info.
- Teachers get teacher rights based on the Sisu course roles (Responsible persons; responsible teacher/vastuuopettaja). The MyCourses role of "workspace assistant" is based on the role of Administrative person/ Hallintohenkilö role in Sisu.
- Students get student rights to a course workspace after registering for the course in Sisu. Students need to be registered in the course in Sisu to get a grade.
More information on course creation and roles (in Finnish): Ohjeita palveluiden henkilökunnalle
Finding your course workspaces
You will see your courses on the dashboard after logging in. You can hide courses on your list and filter them by term or by teacher. Your courses are also listed under the My own courses -link on the top navigation bar.
Please note that course workspaces that are set as hidden from students can still be seen by the workspace teachers. A whole workspace can be hidden by administrators only.
On request, course workspaces can be produced manually instead of automatically.
- Teachers can also request a personal ready-made workspace for thesis supervision.
- Also, a "sandbox", or workspace for educational development work (no students allowed), can be requested. Request a workspace