NB! In the spring 2024, a pilot should start to allow students to apply for a study right directly in Sisu. Please follow the instructions of your own university. The instructions will be also updated here, once they are ready.
Instructions for Aalto students
- Study the selection of courses of University of Helsinki in the curriculum of Master's Programme in Chemical, Biochemical and Materials Engineering → Major studies → Chemistry → Table 4.
- Fill in the Registration form for studies at the University of Helsinki. Please note that it may take a while before you get the official study right, but you can participate in the lectures already before that.
- Register to the courses in University of Helsinki Sisu
- Participate in the courses
- When you want to transfer the credits to Aalto, please
- Make sure that the course you want to transfer is included in your personal study plan ("HOPS"). You can find the University of Helsinki courses from Sisu.
- Order a transcript of study records from University of Helsinki
- Apply for credit transfer
- Please, mark in the form that these studies are "Aalto-HY Chemistry Studies" - this helps learning services during the credit transfer.
- All credit transfer studies are graded on scale 1-5, similar to normal Aalto courses.
Additional information on University of Helsinki general examinations for Aalto students
If you want to retake a course exam, you need to attend one of the general examinations organized by the University of Helsinki. To attend a retake exam, you need to register for the exam in University of Helsinki SISU. The registration for a general examination closes 10 days before the examination. No registrations are accepted after the deadline! For more details, please see the Instructions on General Examinations at the University of Helsinki (select Master's Programme in Chemistry and Molecular Sciences from the dropdown menu).
Instructions for University of Helsinki students
Please see the official instructions for University of Helsinki students.
The summary below just provides a quick overview that is analogous to the instructions above.
- Study the selection of shared courses at the Aalto
- Fill in the Registration form for studies at Aalto
- You will receive further instructions via email from Aalto Student Services. Please note that it may take a while before you get the official study right, but you can participate in the lectures already before that.
- Register to the courses in Aalto SISU. This will also give you access to the courses in Aalto MyCourses (=Moodle)
- Participate in the courses
- When you want to transfer the credits to University of Helsinki, please
- Order a transcript of study records from Aalto
- Apply for recognition of studies from the University of Helsinki as instructed in the official instructions.