Level C, Evaluated cloud services
The service is created and maintained by a third party. As a rule, no support is provided for the use of the service.
Any material or discussions intended for Aalto University members only shall not be processed using C level services.
Keep in mind that public cloud services often disclose information to third parties, and may also claim ownership of the information or change licence terms and conditions without informing its users of the changes.
If the service use involves:
(1) processing of personal data, (2) processing of secret material, (3) processing of bank details, (4) administration requirements, (5) requirements for 24/7 usability, (6) licences, (7) costs, (8) a large number of users, (9) several units
always contact the Aalto IT services & help.
Terms of Service
Google shares personal information with third parties outside Google 1) with user’s consent, 2) to domain administrators in circumstances when the user’s Google Account is managed by a domain administrator 3) for external processing, 4) for legal reasons.
The user retains the ownership of any intellectual property rights that the user holds in the content submitted to the service.
Google and its co-operatives preserve a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute the content a user uploads or submits to the service. This license continues even when the user stops using the service.
Copyright infringements will be dealt with in accordance with U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
+ Ownership to the content remains with the user
- Google collects vast amount of information of the users
- Google may combine personal data from one service with information from other Google services.
- Google tracks users on other websites.
- Google receives a license to use all uploaded content in current and future services. This license continues even if the user stops using the service.
- Google can share personal information with the consent of the user. Google can also share or publish aggregated data that does not identify a person.
- Changes considering terms of services are informed only on the site
With a Google account. Use in Aalto requires to register as a Aalto Google user.
Aalto Wiki, Office 365 Teams, SharePoint