CubeSat Course 2012Skip to end of metadata Go to start of metadata
International CubeSat specialists firs time in Finland!
Tuesday 8 May
- 10:00 CubeSat: trends and developments, Jaan Praks (Aalto University)
- 12:00 Antennas for small satellites, Rafal Modrzewski (Aalto University)
- 14:00 Spacecraft Mechatronics, Steven Engelen (TU Delft)
- 16:00 MaSat: lessons learned, Zsolt Várhegyi (Budapest Univ. of Tech. and Econ.)
Wednesday 9 May
- 9:00 Electrical Power Systems, Craig Clark (ClydeSpace)
- 11:00 Launch and testing procedures, Abe Bonnema (ISIS)
- 14:00 Attitude determination and control systems, Matthias Buhl (BST)
- 16:00 ESTCube satellite development and status, Andris Slavinskis (University of Tartu)
Thursday 10 May
- 9:00 On board computing challenges in LEO, (C. P. Bridges, Surrey Space Centre)
- 10:30 Aalto-1 project progress , Aalto-1 team presentations (Aalto University)
- 14:00 Rocketry in Finland (SATS)
- 14:45 Finnish software in space, and spin-off to Earth (Matti Anttila, SSF)
- 15:45 Research at FMI: Mars MetNet (Harri Haukka; FMI)
- 16:30 25 years in ESA (Pauli Stigell, TEKES)
- 18:00 BBQ and sauna at Rantasauna
The course gives 1 to 2 post graduate level credits, depending on amount of lectures attended. Lecture diary is required of all attended lectures.
Place: Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering big lecture halls.
Otakaari 5 A, 02150 Espoo.