Synthetic Brain Project
Synthetic Brain Project aims at creating a synthesis of the information about how the brain works. Everyone can leave comments to the articles, but only the members of the group can edit them. Contact the admins if you want to join the group.
This section contains links to the constructed computational material on different brain structures.
External links to similar content
Below are some links to known web resources with similar content to what this project is aiming at.
- Computational neuroscience in Scholarpedia
- Written articles (many articles in Scholarpedia have been assigned authors but only a few have been written so far)
- Allen Brain Atlas about gene expression in mouse brain
- BrainMaps.orgAnatomical and connectivity data of Homo Sapiens, Macaca mulatta, Chlorocebus aethiops, Felis catus, Mus musculus, Rattus norvegicus, and Tyto alba.
- Caret Atlas contains 3D and surface data in macaca monkey and human, includes connectivity data.
- International Consortium for Brain Mapping web based database including DTI data.
- The Whole Brain Atlas, Harvard Medical School: pictures from MRI to fMRI in various disease states.
- The Human Brain online virtual hospital, University of Iowa: human central nervous system from infants to adults.
- A beautiful high-resolution mouse brain atlas.
- Braininfo.org contains a comprehensive hierarchical nomenclature for structures of the human brain (NeuroNames), and drawings (4 cortical views, 58 coronal sections) of the Macaca fascicularis brain (TemplateAtlas).
Organisations with interests alike
- The Blue Brain projectis the first comprehensive attempt to reverse-engineer the mammalian brain, in order to understand brain function and dysfunction through detailed simulations.
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping Advancing Understanding of the Human Brain
- The Human Brain ProjectA National Institute of Mental Health neuroinformatics project.