As a student, you can always see the 10 latest messages and/or notifications on the Sisu front page. Messages or notifications considered to be on the same issue are grouped together. The list shows at the top the newest message on the message thread.
- Unread messages in the thread are shown on a grey background.
- If there are multiple unread messages in the thread, the number of unread messages is shown in a red circle.
- If there is only one unread message or no unread messages in the thread, the number of all messages in the thread is shown in a grey circle.
- Read messages in the thread are shown on white background.
- The number of messages in the thread is shown in a grey circle.
You get messages if, for example, your academic advisor comments on your study plan.
The notifications are sent automatically in Sisu, for example, if a content module application in your study plan is approved or denied.
You can go to the message/notification area by clicking on the Newest messages and notifications on the front page; from the message or notification, you can go to the issue it concerns (such as your study plan, study calendar, or a decision).
You also can go to messages and notifications by clicking on the speech bubble icon. On the Messages and notifications page, you can see and manage messages and notifications. You can filter the messages so that you see only the unread messages. Archived messages are shown separately.
You can archive messages, or return them from the archive to the inbox, or mark them read or unread. These actions are available by clicking the “…” button in an open message or message thread. All of the above actions apply to all the messages in a thread and cannot be performed on a single message.
The actions can also be performed on more than one message thread at a time. You can do this on the Messages and notifications page from the menu you get by clicking the "..."button. The actions apply to all the message or notification threads you have chosen.