Case: meeting where all group members talk and can share documents and write notes.
Create your own meeting room
Sign in with you Aalto account and password here: https://connect.funet.fi
Follow the screen shot instructions in Funet service (pictures 1-4 there). Here are some supplements to those screen shots:
- edit the fields/options as shown pointed with red arrows, skip the rest
- Picture 2 (see the link above): you are asked to give a name and an URL to your meeting room. You decide the red part of the URL: https://connect.funet.fi/aalto_nameoftheroom. The red part should begin with "aalto" and the rest of it you can make up
- Note: it will be your permanent meeting room. You can use it either for one group/purpose or for several groups/purposes. You can create another meeting room for teaching for example.
- After Picture 2, click Next and Finish (you don't have to add users into the meeting room, they can come into the meeting room as guests)
From now on, you can see the link to your meeting room after signing in to https://connect.funet.fi
Prepare the meeting
- Make sure, that all the attendees during the meeting have rights for using their mics and sharing documents (=Presenter rights)
- Go to your meeting room and choose: Meeting > Manage access and entry > Autopromote attendees to Presenters (Picture 1).
Picture 1. Autopromote to presenters (click the picture to maximise it)
- If you don't do this beforehand, the attendees entering your meeting room as guests are given "a participant role" with minimum rights (only listening and writing into chat is possible). However, if this happens, you can always change participant's role to presenter by clicking his/her name on the participant list and choose the Presenter role.
Invitation to the meeting
Picture 2. Meeting room layout "Sharing", the view of the meeting room after logging in (click the picture to maximise it).
Picture 3. Meeting room layout "Discussion", the second view of the meeting room (click the picture to maximise it).
After the meeting
- How to share the link of the recording?
- Go to the meeting room > Meeting > Manage meeting information (a new browser window opens) > Recordings > (choose the recording from the list) > Make Public > (click the recording) > URL for viewing (copy it and share)
Full Adobe Connect manual -pdf