The Finnish Doctoral Program in Industrial Engineering and Management is a national training program for doctoral students. There are five units of industrial engineering and management in Finland which participate in the program:
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Aalto University (Aalto)
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT)
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Tampere University of Technology (TUT)
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, University of Oulu (UO)
- Industrial Economics and Management, Åbo Akademi University (ÅA)
The Doctoral Program is tightly connected to the postgraduate education and research of the participating universities. All doctoral students majoring in industrial engineering and management belong to the realm of the national doctoral program.
Teaching in the Doctoral Program supplements the postgraduate courses and seminars organized by the units in industrial engineering and management. Doctoral students of all units have the right to participate in the courses and seminars of the Doctoral Program. The doctoral students also have the opportunity to get supervision from other units.