- The focus of educational technology development projects at the CS department are guided by a steering group. The CS department's Vice head for education Petri Vuorimaa chairs the group and the head of the educational team Anni Rytkönen coordinates the meetings.
- The Steering group has three to four faculty members. In 2023, they are senior university lecturer Arto Hellas, university lecturer Otto Seppälä, professor Jukka Suomela and university lecturer Sanna Suoranta.
- CS IT is represented by Jaakko Kotimäki.
- The group meets regulary to dicuss and agree on future and ongoing projects and themes included in the roadmap 2020-2024.
- Meetings take place every 4 weeks on Thursdays at 9-10.
Previous steering groups:
- 2022: Petri Vuorimaa, Arto Hellas, Otto Seppälä, Jukka Suomela, Sanna Suoranta, Jaakko Kotimäki
- 2021: Petri Vuorimaa, Arto Hellas, Lauri Malmi, Otto Seppälä, Sanna Suoranta, Jaakko Kotimäki
- 2020: Petri Vuorimaa, Lauri Malmi, Ari Korhonen, Arto Hellas, Jaakko Kotimäki