After 24.5.2021, you may run the A+ release candidate locally in your computer with Docker if you want to test it that way. You just need to change the images in the
docker-compose.yml file in your course git repository. The release candidate image tags are shown below. The images will be sometimes updated and you can update your local copy with docker pull, e.g.,
docker pull apluslms/run-aplus-front:1.9. You may also log into the minus.cs server with Aalto accounts and test A+ there without running anything locally.
If you want to run A+ containers for the development version (git master branch) before the release candidate tags have been released, you may clone the a-plus and mooc-grader git repositories from github.com/apluslms and mount the source code directories into the containers in the docker-compose.yml file of your course git repo. There are detailed instructions in the A+ orientation page under the title "A+ local development setup".
Release notes A+ version 1.9, June 2021
Brief summary of the most notable changes, in addition to smaller fixes and enhancements:
- Refactoring the results table for better efficiency.
- Course teachers can now be edited in the course settings.
- New API endpoint for presenting exercises in tree format.
- Support for Haka login from external organizations. Users from other organizations cannot access courses that are marked for internal use only. Users are still reminded in UI, that in most cases (open univeristy, FItech, etc.) user should always use Aalto account, so that the results can be registered.
- The browsable API now contains documentation for all available operations of each endpoint.
- Course instances can now be cloned partially by choosing individual parts (e.g. exercises) to be left out of the clone.
- Exercises now indicate the allowed group sizes.