Turbulence & magnetic fields - from the early universe to late-type stars
Symposium 1st April - 5th April, 2019, Tuusula, Finland - register here)
Pay the registration fee here (payment due by 1st March and limited to 100 participants) and to submit abstracts see the Abstract submission of the symposium web pages (abstract submission deadline 15th February).
"Turbulence & magnetic fields - from the early universe to late-type stars"
April 1st to April 5th 2019. The venue is the magnificent lakeside hotel Gustavelund, lake Tuusula, southern Finland.
The preliminary programme shall include:
- Origins and structure of magnetic fields in the universe
Evolution of galaxies and nature of the dynamo
Stellar evolution and magnetic cycles
Solar dynamo and the solar system
Astrophysical turbulence and dynamo models
- General topics – experiments, observations and controversy
- Register your name, institution, dates or arrival and departure, dietary requirements.
- Pay your registration fees and supplement for the Symposium dinner for any accompanying guests as required by 1st March 2019.
- Submit abstracts for talks and/or poster presentations for consideration by 15th February.
- Contact the organisers early with any requirements for assistance in obtaining your EU travel visa.
If you are seeking financial support:
- Advise EU visa requirements/deadlines we need to be aware of to facilitate your inclusion in the meeting
- What funding support do you already have for the meeting?
- If we are able to provide only partial financial support; how much is the shortfall in your funding to cover attendance, and would you have any preference that it be allocated towards flights, conference fees or accommodation?
- Submit an abstract and/or send us a short cv.
Please. The registration fee is 400€.
We hope also to be able to include subsidies for individuals in financial need, so please register and contact firstname.lastname@example.org enquiring about possible financial assistance. This may also include costs related carer responsibilities.
Registration shall cover meeting costs, daily meeting coffee breaks and lunch, Symposium Dinner, social sauna and excursions. Accommodation shall be at the venue, 105€ per single room per night (125€ twin sharing). Accompanying guests are also welcome and can join the symposium dinner for a supplementary fee of 65€ per guest.
Social and cultural programme shall include: